Here's what you'll need...
Serving size: 2
- One full rack of Sprout Farm Fresh Pork Back Ribs
- BBQ sauce: (blend, boil and simmer ingredients below)
- 2 white onions
- 5 jalapeños or hot peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 knob of ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil ( high heat like avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons mace
- 1 tablespoon ground clove
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- Nut Dukkah: (Coarsely grind up ingredients below)
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
Here's what you'll do...
- Because we are not making smoked ribs we will start by boiling them which will make them extra tender before they hit the grill which adds the flavour. Boil your pork back ribs for 90 minutes. Make sure the water is salted heavily (tasting like the ocean)
- Make your BBQ sauce using the ingredients provided above or your own recipe if you like (ours is amazing by the way!). Then take your ribs out of the boiling water and cover them in sauce!
- Make sure your grill is nice and hot and rub it down with olive oil. Place your saucy ribs meat side down onto the grill. Check your ribs every couple minutes and flip once the meat side has caramelized that sauce.
- Once flipped, add more sauce to the top and let the ribs hangout on the grill.
- Prep your Nut Dukkha by grinding up your seeds in a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle. Some of our favorite nuts to use are sesame seeds, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Take the ribs off the grill and cover them in the nut dukkah.
- Finally, Enjoy
Watch the whole video below!