Skip to content
RECIPE: The Perfect Cast Iron New York Strip Steak!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- New York Striploin Beef Steak
- Olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed skin on
- 2 tbs of grass fed butter
- Salt & Pepper
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Let steak rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes, max 20.
- Preheat cast iron pan to high heat until pan smokes
- Add olive oil to coat bottom of pan
- Salt & Pepper outside of steak (Don’t be afraid of over seasoning)
- Lay steak away from you down into the pan (DO NOT move steak, thanks!)
- After 3 minutes, flip steak and add butter, rosemary and crushed garlic with skin on
- Baste steak with butter from pan making sure butter goes over rosemary and garlic
- Let second side sear for 4 minutes, flip and baste opposite side
- Remove from pan, let steak rest for 10 minutes (IMPORTANT!)
- Slice steak thick and serve
- And then finally, enjoy!
Watch the whole video below!