Fall is here and we have a simple Eat Sprout soup for you to enjoy.
Here is everything you'll need.
- 8 cups chopped broccoli (stems and florets)
- 2 carrots finally grated
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 of a cup of parsley
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven or large stock pot over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion and carrots; cook, stirring often, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and parsley; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Stir in broccoli. Add water and broth; bring to a lively simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Stir in half-and-half , salt and pepper.
- And finally, Enjoy.